Ana´s Bday project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for Ana´s bday present

+34
Anci´s Boyfriend
babytina
isak
Anafan62
lukefusion
M4RiT0
teR
baggy
vandreadMD
David Tuga
petty
Bunker
kyokolover
Roksa
Kasia
ana-avril
Ceren
ajvic
doud
Fernando
denice
Garfieldcat
tennisetviola
volleyball
Jennifer
hearts
badminton.star
don99
AnaIvanovic89
Fuzzi
Nestor
cicmika
Romina
Admin
38 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Suggestions for Ana´s bday present - Page 7 Empty Re: Suggestions for Ana´s bday present

Post  Fuzzi Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:26 pm

GIVE IT NO PIC FROM ANA WITH OUR PRESENTS OR A PERSONAL THANKS FROM HER ????? Sad Neutral No confused
Fuzzi
Fuzzi

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Ana´s bday present - Page 7 Empty Re: Suggestions for Ana´s bday present

Post  don99 Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi! Smile Sorry I haven't been checking here since I got the reply from Gavin that they had received the poster and that's the last thing I heard from them.

Yes, I too was hoping, for the sake of all the forum members who were emotionally invested in the projects, that there would be a response of some kind from Ana. She did thank everyone, but I know many of you were hoping she would mention the forum presents specifically. However I feel very uncomfortable asking for her to do something special just to acknowledge us personally, so I haven't asked for anything from Gavin.

That being said, and even though I am really uncomfortable making it seem like I am looking for a pat on the back for my own role, I would like to see her acknowledge all of you (that's why I did it to begin with, as much as anything else, especially after the commotion and bad feelings caused earlier, and yet you persevered and helped make something happen and turn a bad situation into something that I think most of you enjoyed being part of).

I was hoping that one of the mods might follow up with Gavin, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen, so at some point, I may ask myself, even if it makes me very uncomfortable to do so.

Don Wink Smile

don99

Back to top Go down

Post  don99 Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Well, since many of you have anxiously been waiting for some word about Ana's forum presents, I relented and asked if she had received them. Here is what I just got back from Gavin:

"Considering the bulky nature of the photo collage, we did not send it to Ana overseas. Therefore, it is currently being stored at our office: Ana will receive it physically when she returns to Europe. However, you thoughtfully sent me a JPEG, which I was able to pass onto Ana. Needless to say she is very grateful.

Please note that she thanked her supporters for their birthday wishes in her last diary entry. That of course includes presents."

I'm not sure about the towel, as he did not mention it.

don99

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Ana´s bday present - Page 7 Empty Re: Suggestions for Ana's Bday present.

Post  Bunker Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 pm

don99 wrote:

I was hoping that one of the mods might follow up with Gavin, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen, so at some point, I may ask myself, even if it makes me very uncomfortable to do so.

Don Wink Smile

Back on Nov 24, I asked a question of Admin. and still no response to it. I guess not taking part in the project, their interest is nil.
Being a lot older than most of the forum members, taking part in this project was different and fun for me. Don, I am glad you brought life to it and we got so many members to commit..
I know in my heart that Ana will appreciate it when she gets to see it. I think bringing a smile to her face is all the thanks we need.

Bunker

Back to top Go down

Post  don99 Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Also that response from Gavin is not entirely surprising, considering Ana literally lives out of a suitcase while traveling. Even if they had sent her the presents, she would then have to either discard them, lug them around the world with her, or just ship them right back to Basel. In hindsight, realistically speaking it was quite presumptuous to expect that, but that was what was implied when this was initiated back in the summer, that a collective forum present would be treated in a special way and they would take great pains to deliver it and have Ana acknowledge it.

Perhaps at some point there may be a response from Ana when she returns to Basel, but that will be so far into next year that I wouldn't hold my breath Very Happy

She does appear to have been emailed the electronic version, so as you say Bunker, if that brought a smile to her face, and if it brought a smile to all your faces to participate, then it was worth it (though it appears we could have accepted more pictures pretty well right up to her birthday, without being misled by the stated requirement that the physical versions had to be in Basel in advance of her birthday).

don99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7